Monday 26th April
Monday is the first day of every week. First I go to school at twelve o’clock. Nothing unusual happens, other than the fact that I laugh so hard during English class that my cheeks hurts a little bit. I’m still waiting impatiently for my teacher to finish correcting my paper that I wrote for the term. Lazy teachers…
Just came home, took a shower and sat down playing some Playstation 3, and now I get called down to eat dinner. I think there’s turkey/steak today. Yum! Other than that I’m hoping that my friends Henrik soon will give me a call about where we’re supposed to do our “Trafikkalt grunnkurs”.
Tuesday 27th April
Today I overslept. Woke up around 7.30 and the first thought that struck me was: “Oh shit…” Usually I wake up around 6.50 and take the bus into town that leaves from Gressvik at 7.20. Then the bus to Greåker leaves the bus terminal at 7.35.
I don’t oversleep often, maybe once or twice a month. At least in my book, it isn’t considered as often. In my earlier years I came late for school almost once every 10 days. Fortunately I’ve dropped that bad habit now that “things have gotten more serious”. And now that if I miss the bus I have to walk up that damn hill.
So I arrived at school at approximately 9 o’clock and therefore missed the first two mathematics lessons. Erlend said that I didn’t miss anything important. “Whew…”
All in all the day went great.
Wednesday 28th April
Today… Oh what happened today?
Oh yeah, today was perhaps the shortest school day ever. Since we today were going to do a gymnastics test at school, I didn’t have to get up until 9 o’clock, and sleeping that long on a regular school day feels like heaven. So today we just had three hours of social studies and then we got handed the test. It was about the topics Strength, Motion and How to use your body. It may have been the shortest test I’ve ever had. It was only a multiple choice test so it was really easy. After approximately 10 minutes half of the class was finished and off we went, into the rain… It rained a lot today.
I met two of my friends from comprehensive school at the bus stop and it was a nice seeing them again, they hadn’t changed much at all. But neither have I, supposedly. I’ve been feeling like my self-esteem has been boosted lately and that’s great news. Before I was very shy, but now I feel like I can talk freely and do what I please. It’s a nice feeling.
Other than that I’m this close to finishing watching season five of the TV-series Lost. And I have to say, it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever seen, and that’s saying a lot. I love it!
Thursday 29th April
Thursday is commonly known as “the day of living hell” (or something a little less dramatic). Anyway the reason I, and many others dread this school day is the unfortunate composition of classes such as mathematics, French and English (no offense). The English isn’t always so boring, but three straight hours of math and two hours wasted on “Je m’appelle” and “Merci beaucoup” can get on your nerves.
BUT! Great news today, I received my paper about Harry Potter characters and on the bottom of the last page I read 6, with a big circle around it. I grinned a little and felt very proud at that moment, that even though I’m not a big suck-up, I’ve achieved my third 6 in the last few months. I really hope to some day work with translating things from English to Norwegian (like movies, video games or maybe TV-series (just like Lost)). So that I get this good feedback on my work gives me big hopes for the future. I’ve always had a talent for language; as my finishing grades at comprehensive school I had 6 in both Norwegian and English (written).
Therefore I’ve really put an effort into my blog this year too, because I believe it is a big part of my evaluation this spring.
So the day turned out pretty nice after all, even though maths and French lessons was almost as dreadful as always…
Friday 30th April
Last day of the week. Friday is always a very pleasant and relaxing day. We start off with three hours of science class and top it all off with four long hours with Norwegian lessons. Every second weekend I stay at my father’s place. My parents got a divorce when I was approximately eight years old. I’ve since then lived with my mother and stayed at my father’s house every second weekend and in the holidays.
I took the bus from school and towards Sarpsborg which is the opposite if the direction I usually ride. I arrived at Tindlund thirty minutes later and grabbed a meal from the fridge. There’s not much to do there, other than watching TV and using the computer. But I find the time I spend there to be a nice diversion from the hectic life at school.
And that concludes my five days long week. Hope you enjoyed reading this and that it didn’t bore you.
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar